Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Joy's of Farming Country

Grace isn't always the easiest place for me to be BUT I have been determined to find & enjoy all of the things that are great about Grace!  Probably my favorite thing is to enjoy the views each day.  The fields are constantly changing depending on the season, once in a while we get a good rain & enjoy a good rainbow and the sunsets can even be spectacular :)

{Potatoes in blossom}
{Straw}








One evening our Neighbor Nick Johnson called and said to bring the kids over for a ride in the combine, Loa didn't want anything to do with it but Laex loved his few minutes of 'farming'! 

 {Here they are, harvesting the wheat...next up, baling the straw}



One thing I'm sure I won't miss --6 am wake-up by the crop duster that sounds like it's gonna land on my roof.  At least 4 times this summer I've gotten awakened by this guy, I falsely thought maybe it would just fly by a couple of times then move on...an hour later I realized I wasn't winning the battle for a little more sleep cause he wasn't going away! :)

No comments: