Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gardening

I love fresh veggies from the garden!  I'm not the best grower but I do like to try :)
I started by tilling up a plot of grass to make into my garden area, it was a lot of tilling and pulling out grass and tilling and pulling out grass and tilling.....


Then the kids helped me plant and we all just prayed something would grow!  The growing seasons are different here in grace, I didn't plant my peas until the first part of June, and in Saratoga I think we were almost picking peas by then :)  In fact, we are still picking peas & it's the first of September --it's crazy!



So far we've enjoyed lots of zucchini, peas, cucumbers, carrots & beats. Our corn and tomatoes are loaded, we've enjoyed a couple of young cobs of corn & two tomatoes I'm just hoping the tomatoes ripen before it starts freezing again!  I also have tons of gourds, tiny pumpkins & large pumpkins growing, I'm not sure how many will get mature though.


No comments: