Thursday, September 13, 2012

Never forget!

September 11th has become quite the date around our house.  Not only is it a day that we remember those who sacrificed all, but it was also the date we packed up and moved to Grace! 
I was living in NJ during 9/11 and like most people will never foreget the things I saw, felt, heard & experienced during the tragic events and weeks to follow but I am truley grateful for the experiences that helped me gain a stronger appreciation for our service people!  My experiences were 1st hand, and I'm so grateful that I was there to see New York City following those events but also to visit the majestic twin towers before they fell.


 (All of these photos are taken in Hoboken park across the Hudson from NYC, if it were day time in the last photo you could see the same view as the top two, in place of the towers was a large amount of smoke)
 (Ground Zero)

On this September 11th I'm celebrating as we have officially survived a year in Grace, ID! :)  The things I have learned and continue to learn from being here are experiences I know I will always cherish.  I thought I'd never make it this long, ha ha!  I know our time here isn't forever and I'm learning to love this place because when the day does come to leave, I know I'll miss it!

No comments: