Monday, December 8, 2008

I survived :)

We made it through the biggest and most stressful activity of the year - I guess it was a good way to "break me in"!
Here's a rundown.














After being called to this position I kept feeling like it was really important to have a program completely focused on Christ (it seems at this time of the year its SO easy to worry about all the "things" of Christmas and forget about the "reason for the season") So, as a committee we decided we would have a program in the Chapel (yes, the ward had to dress up) with ward members sharing stories of how the love of Christ has impacted their lives and the Youth and Children in the ward taking care of the musical numbers. As I took this idea to ward council I was pleased to know that I was listening to the same Spirit as the Bishop as he told me that the meeting prior to ward council had been a Bishopbrick meeting where they had decided that the month of December would be a month focused on Christ with musical numbers and talks about the Savior throughout the month.
As a result we had a wonderful program, only 45 min. - so not too long, with singing, piano, chimes, personal stories and scriptures. The spirit was amazing.
































Following the program the ward moved into the cultural hall where dinner was waiting - no waiting in a line - the Youth had left the program about 15 min. early and delivered a plate with Beef Brisket and Baked Potatoe to each seat . On the table was the Corn and Rolls along with Sour Cream, Butter, Jam, BBQ Sauce (home made :), Salt & Pepper and Cheese. It worked out wonderfully, I just couldn't see how we were going to get that many people with all those kids (our ward has over 200 kids with three nurseries) through a line in an orderly and timely fashion. Plus this carried the spirit into the meal as everyone was able to sit down and start eating! When people were finishing up the youth delievered them dessert.
We had approx 280 people there, what a success!
And boy was I happy for Sunday to be the next day - I needed that day of rest!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds & looks wonderful! Good job & what a relief!

Brett and Diane said...

Wow that's the nicest ward party I've ever heard of. Your ward is so lucky to have you! It really sounded like a wonderful party and one that your ward won’t forget.

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome Lib, who would think any different. I am jealous, I love your BBQ sauce and brisket!