Friday, December 19, 2008

Growing Up!

In my mind it is happening WAY too fast!
Laex, why can't you just slow down for a minute (literally!), you're growing too fast.
Lately you've discovered how to open the doors - now I've got to put those stupid handle things on there that not even I can work.
You've started this new thing where you talk all this jibber-ish, it's like you're trying to have a conversation.
Whenever we go anywhere, it doesn't matter if you've been there before or not, you start exploring. We tried to go visiting teaching yesterday and you were checking out everything So Fast, bringing the pile of toys and books to me as fast as you could and before I knew it you were on your way down the stairs...dang! sometimes you make me so tired :)
The ONLY thing I hope you do grow out of...I can't get you to listen - I know you aren't deaf but you are very good at acting like you can't hear me and as a result you get to spend plenty of time in that uncomfortable "Time Out" chair facing the wall. The other day, you showed me, I knew you were up to something on that chair...you had blown out plenty of boogers and wiped them all over the wall - yuck! I thought you weren't supposed to make that trouble until you are older. Needless to say, your "Time Out" chair remains far from the wall.
You're such a big helper - you can unload the dishwasher faster than anyone I know, I hope you like it this much when you're older :) You grab it and hand it to me and before I can get it in the cupboard you've got three more items out! You also have become very adamant about being the one to run the vacuum:




































You think you're such a big boy now that you don't like to sit in your chair to eat. You crawl right up on the bar-stools (yes, they're on the tile floor and you nearly give me a heart-attack every time -- you don't understand how easily you can slip and crack your head.) and sit at the table waiting for your food:





















Even through it all...our lives wouldn't be this perfect without you!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, Lib he IS so big! Sometimes you wonder if they have ANY idea the danger they are in sometimes (tile floor for you, high on my bed for me) and that your heart skips a beat when they get too close to the edge. Gotta love it. I am sorry for you Laex has figured out how to open doors! Bummer!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they are growing? It's a good thing he's so cute--he sounds like he might be a bit of a handful!! I'm cracking up about the boogers on the wall. Yuck!