Sunday, March 16, 2008

Road Trip

Unexpectedly LeGrand got sent to St. George for work on Thursday...I decided I wasn't about to sit home so Laex and I packed up and followed him. We had a fun trip, ends up we had friends who were already there that Laex and I got to hang out with a bit and we had lots of fun shopping. LeGrand just worked a lot and we only saw him to sleep.

During my drive I had a lot of thinking time and a couple of things occurred to me:
1st - Have you ever noticed that there are some odd towns in southern Utah (i.e. Sulphurdale, Paragona??)
2nd - I've made many many fond memories on "Road Trips" and some of the best have been with some of you! Here are a few of my Favorites!

*Utah To San Diego with the Fam.
Truck Topper
The Beach
Reunion
*Utah To Nebraska with Grams, Gramps & Blake
Buick
Car Sick Blake
*Vernal To Ogden with Dani
Red Honda
Frightmares
First Trip By Ourselves
Grandma's House
*Jersey to Boston with BG
Cooler
Radio
Clam Chowder and Lobster
1900's Accord (OK, maybe it was a LITTLE newer)
Lots of Snow
Firemen
Middle-Of-Nowhere Connecticut
Only Hotel
President Johnson
*Jersey to DC with Caldwell Stake
Temple Trip
*Jersey to Boston with BG, Kelli & Silly
Duck Tours
Shopping
Cab Driver
*Utah to Tijuana (in 1 day) with Grand
Celica
Honey Moon
I still Love you!
Crazy Cali Shopper and her Suitcase
Fish Tacos
Souvenirs
Crossing the Border
*The Trip Home
Jay Leno
Random Hotels
NYNY in Vegas
*Utah to Las Vegas with Grand
Jeep
New Years Eve/Day
Denny's
Helenfields
Great Friends
*Utah to Rexburg with Grand
Hot Ash (ebay car)
Crapo's
*Utah to St. George then on to Vegas with Grand
Accura
Anniversary
Celine Dion
Pats Condo
*Utah to Palo Alto with Jo (I know this involved a plane, but it felt like a road trip!)
BIG BLUE (Car & Suitcase)
Canvas
Boutique
Jewelry Lady (How to conceive when you don't think it's possible 101)
Staying with your Sis
SU! Party
Trying to get all that Crap home!

Man! I could go on all day! Thanks to all of you who I've shared these Awesome Memories with...I look forward to more trips, and more laughs!

5 comments:

Kandice said...

Road trips are so fun when you are single or newlywed. Still lots of fun with one baby, a little bit of fun with 2 kids, and not so much fun with 3!!! Then as they grow, it gets funner and funner again! Glad you had a good time!

Mariah said...

Ohh the memories!! It was so fun to meet up in St. George. I was bummed to hear that you left early. It was a horrible trip home though...so you should be glad you left yesterday. BIG BLUE I'll never forget. We need to do a repeat!

Jake said...

I came across your blog link today and wanted to say hi, It was cool to see your family doing well. Laexin sure is cute, congratulations.

Danielle Hacking said...

Great Memories! I hope you got my emails, sorry about the timing, but I'm glad you got to go on a fun little trip. Ogden was fun, I'll never forget how full you got at Olive Garden :)
Love Alway, Dani

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! I'm jealous that you got to be a little warmer!

I had to make my blog private, so if you want to be invited, email me at nikolemerrell@gmail.com so I can add you.

We are trying to find a time when we all can get together for lunch. Could you come if we do it next Friday, the 28th?