Monday, March 3, 2008

Lovey

I was folding the laundry today and came across this...













Laex's LOVEY!!


It got me thinking, do I have a lovey? It just so happens that I do.













I don't carry it everywhere I go (thank heavens), I don't even sleep with it everynight but it is by far the most comfortable napping blanket in the house. When I was in high school I got this homemade blanket for christmas, then I moved away to be a nanny and one day I got a package in the mail (this was nothing new as my great mom was always sending me fun stuff), who would have known...there was my blanket. It just happened to be at a time when I needed it most, it was my small connection to home and brought me lots of comfort. I like to believe my mom just knew I needed it (or maybe she just needed it out of the house so she didn't have to be reminded everyday that I was gone). This blanket has traveled many miles, has been well used and I'd have to say that wal-mart material has held up pretty well.

Do your kids have a lovey? Do you have a lovey?


Share.

4 comments:

Kandice said...

I sure do have a lovey, but at our house they have names such as blankey, woobey, etc. My kids have them and love them. Your lovey looks about as good as mine does, but the texture and smell and cuddliness is all that matters!

Amy Jenks said...

Yes...I wish I had mine here. I loved it for years! Kayla has a stuffed TY monkey (actually 2) and a favorite blankie that go everywhere with her.

Danielle Hacking said...

Hi Lib,
I have a red and white checkered woobey, and I still have it. I was going through my linen closet, organizing, the other day, and there it was, I snuggled with it for the afternoon. I slept with it when I was first married, but Tyson didn't really like it, it would always end up between us in the morning, so I'm just keeping it for memory's sake. I've almost lost it several times when I was little at Shriner's Hospital when I had my two hip surgeries. I couldn't sleep without it, but sometimes, they would take it to wash it, and it would disapear, luckily, they found it each time. I always said its the one thing I'd grab if there was a fire. I love my woobey.

Liberti said...

Dani, I remember that woobey!