Monday, March 24, 2008

Family, Food and FUN!

LeGrand arrived home Thursday evening from his week of working his butt off in St. George (to the tune of 50 hrs. of overtime in one week) and Friday morning we were off on our next adventure (lets just say he is DONE driving long distances for a while).


We had a WONDERFUL Easter Weekend with the Family in Fruita Colorado (just outside of Grand Junction). My dad has three sisters that live there and I have lots of cousins there, it was fun to see them and spend time together. Here are some highlights of our trip!

**Me getting a SPEEDING TICKET on the way there (oh CRAP!)-I knew I was speeding so there wasn't much I could do and now I have to pay the dang $82 ticket!

**Laexins first time out of UTAH - we had to stop for the occasion! We woke him from his nap in the carseat and he was wondering what the heck we were doing.

**Staying in the Super 8 Motel with all of the bicyclers. The place was pretty clean but as LeGrand said, "this place is a dive" - it was nice to have our own place away from all of the excitement although the bed wasn't the best so we didn't get much sleep. Laex LOVED the tissue dispenser, and we didn't mind watching him make a mess :)
**Dinner at Famous Daves and too much other GREAT FOOD including: Breakfast at Aunt Julie's and two dinners at Aunt Toni's - I feel like I need to run a marathon just to loose all thoes extra calories! The problem, when it's aunt Toni's cookin you just can't quit!

**Laex and cousin Avi playing together. They are so close in age it is fun to watch them together, they love each other!

**Family pictures taken by cousin Kelli Jo who does a FANTASTIC job...I'll show you the results later!
**Watching the excitement on the little one's faces when the Easter Bunny delivered the eggs!





**And the face of the bunny...


somehow he got wrapped into this job last year and now there's no getting out of it, thanks for being such a sport honey! (can I just add, it is the funniest thing I have ever seen - he plays the part to a "T", he hops the whole time he is spreading out the eggs and the kids stand with their faces plastered to the widows!)

**A peaceful trip home, arriving in safety to our quite little place

4 comments:

Bryan/Erin said...

Your little boy is getting so big!! i can't believe it. cute pics!

Kandice said...

That easter bunny is so hilarious. What a good sport!!! What a trip, glad you made it safely home. You little guy is a doll.

Danielle Hacking said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys had fun, what an awesome Easter Bunny!

Kandice said...

Thanks so much for wishing me a Happy Birthday. Remember when I turned 16 and you made posters and banners and put them all over the streets and school? That still stands as one of my best birthday memories ever. That was so sweet. Thanks so much again! Have a great day.