Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 4th festivities!

I got released from the hospital around noon on the 4th of July, LeGrand dropped me and the baby at home and took the kids to a luncheon at the Davenports from the ward.  They had a good time and I got some rest.






Then we had been invited to a BBQ at the Burnetts who live just down the street and are also in the ward.  LeGrand took the kids and went & I got a shower.  I really didn't want to sit home alone so he came back and got me and I joined the party for food and to watch a few fireworks before heading home exhausted.

The fourth of July here is nothing I've ever experienced.  Growing up in Utah and only living there and Idaho we could never shoot off any 'morter' fireworks - everything shot less than 10 feet in the air.  Here is a whole different story, seemed like the entire neighborhood was putting on their own amazing show.  Our group didn't even shoot off any fireworks (except for a few small ones and sparklers that we brought) and we got a show as good as any public firework show I've been to and it went on until midnight (and might I add, the big loud fireworks started a week before and some neighbors lit some off every night until the 4th) it was quite the experience!  They definitely know how to do the 4th of July here!




A few days before the 4th we took the kids to pick out a few fireworks, plus we had to experience the gigantic tent set up right off the freeway - there were walls of huge expensive fireworks!





And of course the kids loved the free bounce houses & slides to play on!





No comments: