Saturday, October 1, 2011

We've MOVED!

WOWSER!  Moving isn't fun :)


We're Happy to be in Grace & we are REALLY liking it here {part of me can't believe I'm saying that!}  There's something SO nice about living a slower, simpler life and I'm grateful for the opportunity to re-asses and focus on what's important!

After a crazy four weeks of packing up the house we had an even crazier two days of packing up the truck, cleaning and moving!  I was pretty strong through all of the good-byes until I took a last visit to my backyard, I wanted to grab some veggies from the garden to bring with us and I broke down :(  I had floods of memories, we worked hard to make that place our home and then we spent lots of time enjoying it, I felt like all of the came back to me and I realized how sad I was to leave.  I know how excited and ready I am for new adventures and new opportunities but every time we move it seems I realize that life moves fast and I need to enjoy each moment more.  I'll miss our life in Saratoga Springs!

{We tried to remove the"U" to no avail :) }

We made it to Grace on Saturday September 11th around 1:45 pm --within 5 minuets of being at our house we had our nearest neighbor (1/2 mile away) Laura Johnson & her daughter Cali at our front door asking if they could help us bring in some boxes or something!  WOW!  I've NEVER had anyone be so prompt.  We told them that people were told to show up around 3 to help us (which they already knew because they had received a PHONE CALL that we were coming) so they said they would be back.  Well, not only did the show back up approx. 1 hr. later (Along with 5 others from the ward) but Laura brought us homemade Lasagna and cookies --she had gone home and whipped us up dinner in 1 hour.  I want to be more like Laura!  We've NEVER had a welcome as WARM as the one we received here in Grace.  Everyone we meet asks for our phone number and offers theirs in case we ever need anything.  They just have a way of making you feel comfortable and we can tell they sincerely care.  I feel like life has more meaning to the people here - it's all about helping others.

Our first week was spent unpacking, and we took our first trip to the "city" (Pocatello) the first weekend we were here (btw, we learned that when we need to go shopping we'll be heading to Logan rather than Pocatello...have you ever been there?).  We spent a lot of time at home depot picking up things for the house. We've moved in to a house provided by the company so I'm trying hard not to complain but the truth is we've had to do a lot of "repairs" since we arrived - old homes just have issues :)  Luckily for us, the company pays for them, we just usually have to do the labor unless it's something we can't do.


We are still in a mess of boxes but things are coming along good and we are happy to be here!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Glad you're all settled in! If you ever need a place to stay next time you can stay with us! We have tons of room!