Thursday, October 27, 2011

Animal Life

We've ran into some interesting (and some, not-so-interesting) creatures here in Grace.  Laex and I were out cleaning the shed/garage and caught this bad boy:

I had to look it up online to find out it's a Jerusalem Cricket (looks like a cross between a giant ant and a Cricket) - later we found out it's also known as a sand cricket.  About a week later we found an even bigger one - I had a hard time getting good pictures because he was fast, and no one was about to hold him and get bit by the big pinchers (he was probably 3 inches long and about an inch wide - ewwww)






We were on a walk one afternoon and ran into a blow snake - I didn't have a camera, but it was yucky and I hate snakes!

Best of all we have a family of deer that hang out by the house all the time - we love watching them, one day this spike was grazing right by the house and then planted himself under our tree!



Of course we've also had our share of spiders, flies, june bugs, and ladybugs in our house, I'm not a fan of bugs, especially inside :)

No comments: