Monday, October 20, 2008

being a MOM

I was really inspired after lunch with a great friend last week. She is such an example of someone who lives life to the fullest and cherishes each day as a mother and wife.
I've consciously tried to learn to live in a way that I will never have anything to regret. But, I've especially worked on this since I became a Mom. I borrowed a quote from a friends blog that I believe sums it up:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!"

I love a clean house, though I don't love the cleaning - but I've learned that life isn't always about that, and often there are more important things. If I have to choose between a day with my two boys, or cleaning the house - you can guarantee there isn't a question what I choose, the cleaning waits until a day I don't have other things planned.
I think life is too short to always be worried about all the things that need done and the house that can never be clean enough or the kids and husband who aren't perfect.

I hope as a mom I can instill great qualities in my kids but also teach them to love family time, and make memories with them that they will cherish. Memories are often made during those times we least expect them, so why not make those times happy ones :)

5 comments:

The Hoopes Family said...

I totally agree trust me working full time I just want cook dinner and eat with the family and paly with the Avi. All my aunts seem to comment about how my laundry isn't folded or my dishes aren't always done but I always have a cheerful fun baby so that is what counts to me!!

The McClellan Clan said...

amen sista!!

Rebecca said...

Too true. Thanks for the reminder. I needed that..

Meg 'n Heath said...

I love it. that is my philosophy i just didn't know how to say it so thanks.

Maria said...

Well said!