Sunday, May 10, 2015

Projects & a Tree!

Trying to get unpacked and settled is so exhausting.  Along with being overwhelmed with boxes of stuff, I'm completely impatient AND I tend to get a long list of 'projects' I'd like done before all of the unpacking - so there's less crap in the way :)
The first project I took on was to cover the red wall in the living room - I came up with the idea and did all of the painting and LeGrand is the awesome 'tape master' - thank heavens he just goes along with all of my craziness!  It turned out so fabulous - I just love it!





After spending day after day unpacking, you just gotta get out!  Even though there was plenty 'at home' to do, I did take the kids out to a Lowes build & grow workshop, they had fun but it was kinda a disaster to try and do it by myself with the three kids :)

Two weeks after we moved into our house we had rain for a couple of days straight (which really isn't unusual) but the problem came with the big wind that followed the rain...It was Sunday afternoon and LeGrand was at work and I heard a big crash and come down the stairs to see this out our back door.  The neighbors tree had broken in half and crashed into our yard - luckily no one was outside to get hurt and nothing got broken.  It was in our yard a few days then they got it all taken care of - it was quite the 'welcome to the neighborhood' :) 





No comments: