Sunday, May 16, 2010

1 Month!

Can I believe it, yes I CAN!

I have a confession to make, the BABY stage isn't my favorite. The first four weeks are ROUGH, and I feel like a ZOMBIE most of the time!!

AND...
I HATE BREASTFEEDING!

*It's so bonding* - GAG! The last thing I feel is an extra bond when I feel like a MILK COW being attacked by a PIRANHA.
*It helps you loose weight* - Well, I did it for three months with Laex, and didn't see a difference - but besides that, I'd rather RUN an EXTRA MILE EVERYDAY than breastfeed long enough to have it "help me loose the weight"
*It's easier* - Trying to "dig" out from under bras and clothes and everything else is NOT easier than, a little bit of water and two scoops! YAY! PLUS, not being able to go anywhere longer than 3 hours without having to figure out how to feed the baby and watch a 2.5 yr old, ugh! AND, I can't be CONFINED to the house, I'm MUCH TOO INDEPENDENT!
*It's better for the baby* - This is the one I feel the most guilt about and then LeGrand reminds me that formula has come a L O N G way!
*It's Cheaper* --This is the ONLY one I agree with, yet I believe nothing is too EXPENSIVE when it comes to my SANITY!

There you have it! I LOVE you MOM'S who are Breastfeeding PRO'S!

So, in order to keep MYSELF and the REST OF THE HOUSE happy, I've weaned, at 1 month.

I'm constantly amazed at what MOM'S can do -REALLY it's AMAZING.

How could you NOT just love this cutie TO DEATH!

5 comments:

shylo said...

amen..I agree and you need to keep your sanity to keep you happy. What a cutie..

Jen said...

Thanks for posting what most of us are thinking Liberti! =) I think that the best choice is the one that makes Mommy happiest! When Mommy's happy, babies are happy.
p.s. She IS adorable!!

Heather Whitworth said...

And I second that motion!!!! Breastfeeding is soooooo hard! I say, good job for making it a month.

Mandi said...

She really is a doll, Oh and to those who lose a ton of weight breastfeeding I would like to punch you in the face.. HARD!!

Danielle Hacking said...

she is such a little sweetie! Can't wait to see her in person! And, you have to do what's best for you, and only you can decide what that is, right! :)