Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Little Lady!

Little Miss LoaLin came into the world, in.style. !

Tuesday night (4/13/10) I began feeling contractions around 10:30 PM, by 11:15 I decided it was serious and we were quickly on the road to the hospital! - the 20 min trip was grueling, I won't lie!

We made it, 11:45

I got checked, the nurse said, "um, you're at a 9 - we'll call your doctor"

Nurse returned, "Were you planning on an epidural"

Me, "No, but I wouldn't mind some pain killer in my IV" ( I didn't have an Epidural with Laexin and thought the second would be easier so I might as well go without)

Me, "Can I not push"

Nurse leaving the room, "She's feeling the need to push"

Suddenly a rush of nurses - at least 5 of them, rolling in the cart for doc., the cart for baby and all the necessities --This is serious!

Nurse, in the hall, "There's a midwife in the hospital, see if she can come down"

Midwife arrives quickly, I push through three contractions and our "princess" arrives at straight up midnight! (Too bad it wasn't New Years :)

5 Min. later, my Doc. walks in, "Sorry I missed the excitement!"

Side Note: the pain meds never came to be - there was no time for anything - I never even got an IV in!

All in all - it was Awesome - painful, uncomfortable, NOT fun but, it was super exciting and I couldn't be happier with how quickly everything happened! I do know one thing - I better LIVE at the Hospital with the next one --I don't even want the chance of having a child in.the.car :)

She's an Angel!
LoaLin van Gass
Born 4/14/2010 at 00:00
6 lbs 12 oz, 20 inches
One thing is FOR.SURE, she is her brothers sister!





10 comments:

Danielle Hacking said...

Oh wow! What a story! She is beautiful, CONGRATS you guys! Are you home? How are you doing? I hope all is well, and really, I would be happy to take Laex for an afternoon, or overnight, let me know what you need, love ya!

Kandice said...

OH congrats! How awesome is that. Good job, she is a doll.

Amy Jenks said...

Congrats! She's GORGEOUS and does look a TON like Laex! I understand the feeling of needing to camp out at the hospital completely. :) Scary - huh?

Rebecca said...

Congratulations, guys! First thing I thought when I saw her was, "wow, she looks like LeGrand!":) Glad all went well. I'm sure your recovery will be speedy and GREAT! Enjoy that little princess.

Brett and Diane said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congrats! Enjoy your little princess.

Hf said...

She is perfect! She looks just like Laex!! Congrats again can't wait to meet her in person.

The Hansen Clan said...

Congrats on your delivery and that is awesome that is was so fast and no pain meds... She is a doll and YES she is her brother's sister!!! Call me when you come to town I would love to come see her!!

Maria said...

Congratulations! She DOES look like Laex, especially in that last picture.
I'd love to know how fast LeGrand was driving to the hospital cause I'm pretty sure HE wouldn't want to be delivering the baby!

My aunts babies all came really fast... she had the last one in the lobby of the hospital!

Jill said...

That is so incredible! Congratulations!! (Maybe next time you should camp out outside the hospital when it's close to the due date. Haha!) She's beautiful!

Meg 'n Heath said...

thats the way to do it. haha good job!