Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines

This year we got to start our Valentines on Friday the 13th. With our fun ward party. Of course I was in charge - it turned out wonderful. We have some great people in our ward who used to own a catering business and they did the food for us, it was fantastic - so many compliments. I asked a few ladies in the ward to help with deocrating the tables, each person was in charge of one table - turned out so cute. And we were lucky to have Brother Doug Brinley speak to us - the night was really enjoyable and Laex had a blast at the Dillons :)









































Valentines day Laex loved the "pens" - that's what he calls them- and coloring book he got along with some truck books. I had spent the week giving LeGrand little gifts with notes. We headed to get our hair cut (that's coming:) and then went to lunch at an Indian resturant (where it turns out I left my cell phone, ugh - LeGrand is picking it up today). Then LeGrand surprised me with an evening out. We dropped Laex off with Makenzie Harmon and headed to the mall for a bit - got some Cold Stone ice cream (Cake batter with oreos and raspberries:) and then went to the movie - we haven't been forever, it was fun! I love surprises! Fun day!














3 comments:

The Hoopes Family said...

You have so many fun ideas!! I am sorry we missed you Monday, but next time, I am trying to get Trevor out of the house more he is starting to be a bum! LOL

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

It looks like you did a fabulous job on the party, as usual! I'm getting caught up, and I'm so happy for you that Laex is in nursery and that he LIKES it. Church is soooo much more enjoyable when they're at nursery! Your little bro looks so cute as a missionary and I am still in denial that he is that old, because that means we are REALLY old.

Hillary said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect holiday! I love seeing your parties, and hearing about how you set them up. It looks like it really turned out well.