Saturday, February 14, 2009

Being a MOM

Can be the greatest Joy and biggest frustration all in a matter minuets.
I love being a Mom, most of the time. And I usually just can get enough of Laex. But it seems the past couple of days he has really tried my patience.
His new thing is "pens" he gets into the pen/pencil drawer and thinks he can write all over the tile -and every piece of paper he can get his hands on, which battle I have just learned to usually not pick. But he is now writing less on the paper and more on the floor - ahh. Then on Wed. he grabbed the spoon out of the very hot curry I had on the stove and flipped sauce everywhere - lucky to not get burned. He knows it is hot - but he just seems to need to get his hands on anything he can reach these days. Then on Thursday I blew, I was making a cake - using the hand mixer, set it up on it's end to spatuala down the sides of the dish and he reached up and turned it on --cake batter went EVERY.WHERE. - needless to say he had to sit in time out AND spend some time in his bedroom. Life gets really frustrating sometimes - I just wish he would listen a little better. I'm sure these aren't the last messes I'll be cleaning up and they certainly aren't the first.

2 comments:

Hf said...

I truely understand! There are days i seroiusly have to lock myself in the bathroom, just for a little peace and quiet. Hang in ther you are doing great. Call me if you need to talk, i do understand.

Maria said...

I am constantly amazed at what McKay can reach and he isn't as tall as Laex. We about had a heart attack a few days ago when McKay came running into the living room with a steak knife. Definitely keep us on our toes!