Sunday, July 20, 2008

a REAL yard!

I'm finally feeling like I have more than a rock & weed garden in the back of my house! After three days of help from my wonderful dad the back yard is actually looking like a yard. Don't get me wrong, we still have plenty to do but I'm extremely happy with the results of this weekend and all the neighbors are impressed too!


*Dad working away in the Bobcat*


And, drum roll please...after the first day of just me and Dad working in the 90+ degree weather, dust and sweat, we had the whole place graded, rocks hauled, the wall built and topsoil in place!
*The highest point, on top of the wall, is where my Garden will be next year:) :)*

Then, on Friday and Saturday LeGrand was able to help Dad finish the smaller part of the wall, spread topsoil and get framed up for the cement that we'll be pouring in a couple of weeks!

*In the triangle piece I will grow an Herb Garden and have some trees and bushes*

*We are extending the patio on both sides, adding a sidewalk on the side of the house, and the large square piece will be a cement pad for my gazebo*I can't wait for the end results!! My Dad is so awesome, he walked in and had this vision and I've been more than thrilled with how it is turning out! Thanks Dad for all your hard work and mom for watching Laex so I could help out!

And, in case your wondering what's to come...Fence, Sprinklers, Decorative rock, Trees, Cement, Sod...

3 comments:

Hf said...

looks awesome!!! I love the new blog look too. Amazing what you guya completed in a few days!

Kandice said...

oh boy! having a yard makes SUCH a difference, but it is a TON of work. I hate the work, but it will be done before you know it, especially with your dad in charge!

The Hoopes Family said...

Looks Great!!!