Sunday, July 27, 2008

One FUN moment to the next...

LeGrand just happens to have had 5 days off. Thursday through Monday. We contemplated taking a last minute trip somewhere but decided it would be nice to just do what we want for a few days, and we've had adventure after adventure (What do ya know, I FORGOT the CAMERA all weekend, we took the best pix's we could get with our phones and I think it's time for me to invest in a small camera I can keep in my purse)!


24th: The morning started with a trip to Discount Tires for Four new Tires, I really hate paying for things like this but, after the blow-out and checking out the other three tires we realized they were much needed.


We then grabed Quiznos and had a picnic on a random Church lawn. The park nearby was hard to get to because of construction so we picked an alternate. Laex had fun running around and playing with Dad.

Then we headed to Salt Lake and decided to visit the Zoo. I probably had more fun than the two of them, part of the reason being it was SO SO HOT, we were all sweating and Laex just sat there in his stroller - we kept him cool with a spray bottle.
And we ended the day with some yummy Thai food. Thanks to Mariah for introducing me. LeGrand and I love to try new things and food is one of them so I took him to have Thai for the first time and it was yummy, Laex even liked it (he's quite the cultured boy!)
After Laexin went to bed we noticed the neighbors had quite the firework party going on so LeGrand and I took our lawn chairs out and enjoyed the show...and it was quite the show. They had little kids running everywhere, a bit too much alcohol and A LOT of ILLEGAL FIREWORKS...just imagine (I've never seen a home firework show like it - and it will be hard to top, half the neighborhood was out watching!)

4 comments:

Hf said...

I love the zoo, winter is a much better time to go ;) yay for some time with just the fam. It is nice to relax, when is the party??

The Hoopes Family said...

I wish we could do fun things like that here. As for the 24th it was so windy we didn't even get to enjoy any fireworks!!! Vernal weather ya gotta love it!!

Danielle Hacking said...

How fun! I love just getting to do whatever, not having a time schedule to stick to! Hope you guys are doing well, we need to get together again!

Rebecca said...

Yea, I found your blog! Your little guy is so cute. He's probably one any day now. I wanna see pics of how the party went. Check out my blog. My twin will be one on Saturday. beccagridley.blogspot.com