Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grammie & Papa's surprise visit

Friday, June 20th I had a morning appointment at the chiropractor, I've been having problems with my neck pain and dealing with a lot more migraines than usual so I went to the chiropractor hoping an adjustment would help (and it did, by the way :).  I had been telling LeGrand that I had a feeling my parents were going to show up, just some things my Mom had said to me on the phone made me think they might be coming to visit.  He down played it really well, although later I found out he had been conspiring with my Mom all along :)  After the chiropractor he told me to stop at the Taco bus and grab lunch, I told him I didn't have that much cash with me but he said just stop and grab what you can.  So I was standing at the taco bus, looking intently at the Menu trying to figure out what I could buy with the money I had, completely oblivious that my parents had pulled up and my Mom came over and put her arm around me and I about peed my pants :)  It was a great surprise!  We ordered our lunch and headed for the house and when the kids met me at the car I said, look what I found at the Taco Bus --they were so excited to have Grammie and Papa to visit.  They stayed with us 3 nights then were headed to Jackson Hole to see the Bar J wranglers.  We had a fun relaxing visit. 

Friday afternoon we went for a walk out back and found some treasures in the junk piles :)  And enjoyed the evening outside visiting and playing in the swing.




On Saturday the guys went metal detecting and we met up with them and brought lunch to Alexandar Lake by LeGrands Soda Springs Hydro plant.  The kids played in the sand and water and the guys metal detected. After a few hours we headed for home and got everything ready and had tin foil dinners and the kids played water balloons with Grammie.





Sunday we had a nice day at Church, our home teachers visited then we had a movie night & played games- Dad got a migraine as we were leaving church so he spent most of the afternoon resting but luckily got over it pretty good.

Then Monday we got up and had breakfast and visited a bit before they headed off to Jackson hole.  We really had a great time and were so happy they came to visit!

No comments: