Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Visit to Grace

We took a small load of our stuff up to Grace last weekend, it was our first time back since we visited to look at the place {in which I didn't pay a lot of attention because I just KNEW there was NO WAY I could live there:) }
I quickly felt the 'small-town-slow-down' when we got there, and I realized that there's something so nice about slowing down, I might even like it (did I just say that??)  I find myself looking forward to this new life.

I wasn't feeling great so Awesome LeGrand unloaded the little trailer and then we took a jaunt to Soda Springs (15 min. drive) and got some ice cream at Arctic Circle (which is the only 'stand-alone' fast food joint in Soda, there's also an A&W/Taco Time in the Chevron station) --I was overly excited when on our jaunt I discovered that Soda has a DRIVE-IN :) :) :) --I grew up going to the Drive-In and have some great memories of it, I CAN'T WAIT to spend summer nights with the kids at the Drive-In :)

After a relaxing day we needed some dinner and LeGrand said he didn't want to leave Grace, I reminded him that meant we had like one option :)  --we pulled into town at the right time because there happened to be a Taco Truck visiting, we were pumped! (AND, the food was great!)


Then we experienced our first Idaho rainstorm, the Thunder and Lightning was AMAZING, our power went out so we laid and watched the lighting show through the big picture window of the house, fun memories!

The Cottage:

















The view from the Kitchen window, and the house of our closest neighbor:


Grace Library:


Kids getting excited about the move!

No comments: