Saturday, August 6, 2011

Movin on UP!

I LOVE an ADVENTURE & I'm ALWAYS up for a CHANGE!
We're officially getting BOTH!

I can't believe this is finally happening, (since it's been in the works for a few months) but 
IT IS HAPPENING and I'm still trying to process it all!

WE ARE MOVING UP (as in NORTH)!
To THIS state



We are trading Corn Fields for Spud Fields (yes, I'm already learning the lingo)

We are trading Salt Lake City for Pocatello (not that you can really compare the two)

We are trading our cute little "Small Town" of Saratoga Springs for a MUCH SMALLER place:

a town without a stoplight
a town where everybody knows everybody
a place where my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away
a place where I have to drive 30 min. to a grocery store & an hour to Wal-Mart

****WELCOME to GRACE IDAHO****

Let's face it, THIS isn't the ADVENTURE I ever imagined and it's NOT the ADVENTURE I had hoped for especially when our other option was OREGON (I've shed many tears over this)

I wanted WARMER weather, CLOSER to the beach (technically this move does take us closer), MORE population of people, a BIGGER change in logistics and location... (it's rough to accept the answer to your prayers when it's not the answer YOU want)

BUT, we KNOW it's RIGHT and I'm learning that I need to exercise my FAITH !!

On a POSITIVE note -- we'll be spending our summers at Lava Hot Springs & Bear Lake!
(On the other hand, I'm not sure what we'll do all winter!)

8 comments:

Molly said...

LIB! This calls for a luncheon, stat! I'm going to miss you girl! If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure my mom felt the same way about moving to Vernal and look how great that turned out. :)
Love you, call me, let's get the gang together one last time.

Amy Jenks said...

I COMPLETELY understand! We just moved from St Louis MO to Erie PA (not as small a town as you'll be in, but it's a similar change)!

Hillary said...

Wow, what a huge change. But you will adapt quickly, and you will make it wonderful. It's programmed into your DNA to be happy and be amazing! Good luck Liberty!!

Hf said...

I hear Texas is warm in the winter. You guys will have to visit! Congrats and you will rock Grace ID!

Cara said...

We'll miss you guys!! Who's going to bring us our mail now?? ;) Good luck with your new adventure!

Kassi Luck said...

We have some friends up in Grace Idaho. The Thomas family! If it makes you feel any better, they
put on a pretty good demolition

Jill said...

Wow! It sounds exciting and I love how you are choosing to look at the positive aspects of the changes! I know what you mean about the answer not being what you had hoped for. I grew up in a small town- with only a stop sign and no stores- not even a gas station! It's going to be a great adventure- keep us posted! ♥

Heather Whitworth said...

Holy Moly Lib! That is an intense change. But I know that you will hit the ground running up there (literally) and make Grace Idaho a much better, hip and happin' place. That is such a great skill that you have! Love ya and will miss you guys! Please keep us posted. Good Luck!