Saturday, August 19, 2023

June 1st 2023, leaving Grace

 Easily one of the hardest days of my life.  

I had spent months going through so many BIG emotions.  Cried so SO many tears, been excited, sad, and all the things inbetween - going through so many HARD, HARD things.  And then the day was here.  

We were supposed to have movers moving us, they called the week before to verify what we had and told us then that we had only reserved a certain amount of space on the truck - I was devestated because I now had to sell even more of my things to fit into the area. I held a massive moving sell and sold so many things - some of which I really wanted to keep but jI ust couldn't.  The day came - a few days before we had to be out- for the movers, they showed up and told us it was going to cost almost $10,000 - this was after I had litterally sold my whole life and had very little left...so devestating.  So, we had to fire them, loose our thousands in deposits and scramble to find a U haul at the last minute.The only Uhaul available was the largest size and because we had sold everything was only about half full, one more devestation as I realized I could have kept some of those things that were important to me.  It was so HARD. I kept thinking that there better be big 'ol pot of Gold somewhere in SC because I didn't know if I could go through many more hard things.  We finally got everything packed into the Uhaul.  

LeGrand had to go into work June 1st so that he would get insurance through the end of June.  We were up bright and early finishing all the cleaning and little things.  I cried all morning.  Leaving my dream house, in the most amazing location, in a town I truly feel like became my home was SO. DANG. HARD.

I picked LeGrand up and took a couple last pictures.  The kids missed their final day of school - the last day of school picture looked a little different than normal.  It was a HARD day!




The last night was a big slumber party in our room as we had the whole upstairs already cleaned.  As I went through the house the last time my heart felt like it would break, I hope I never forget the view from those bedroom windows - we truly lived in a heaven on earth and I hope I seared those views in my mind forever.  This labor of blood, sweat, tears and so much love we were leaving behind to do the Lords will - my heart felt a little of what Nephi must have felt leaving his home for the wilderness, loosing his possesions, home, gold, to do the Lords will which included a lot of HARD things along the journey. 












Grace will always be my home.



No comments: