Saturday, August 19, 2023

Hard Good-byes and 'lasts'

The last month in Grace was a bit of a blur, I cried a lot of sad sad tears.  We had a lot of hard hard good-byes and did a lot of 'lasts'.  These YW have become my own.  I have been so blessed in my life to spend many many years serving with the YW of the church - they all have taken over a piece of my heart - we had a little good bye night for Loa and I at 3C grill, with ice cream and brownies and me sharing the story of why we were leaving.  It was a hard day.


We visited some of our favorite Grace spots and tried to take some 'last photos'- I think this place will always be home.



It felt like there were lots of hard days - each one a little harder than the last.  We had to find a new home for our Couver dog.  He has been in our family for 7 years, we wanted nothing more than to take him with us but just couldn't figure out how.  Plus, as we discussed it, we decided he would be much happier staying in Grace if we could find him a farm to live on.  We were SO SO blessed to have our good friends the Hatch's offer to take him.  We left a piece of our heart with the Hatch's but we know our Couver dog will be loved and well taken care of.  Dang those next few days were extra hard - Maggie was lost without Couver and I was so sad to look out the door and not see him in the yard.

Loa had her 'last' Grace Jr. High choir concert.

We took a quick trip to SLC and said some more hard good-byes, we visited my friend Pat Wyman from my Real Estate days, Got to catch up and say good -bye to Jen and met up with Don and Paige for a good-bye dinner...more HARD things!


The kids had their 'last' week of school in Grace, SO HARD.  Linq was able to go with his class the Lava for his last swim trip - I was grateful to be able to chaperone.  He got to hang out with his friend Jentz and I got to spend the day catching up with Melanie






LeGrands work had a good-bye lunch for him, I made everyone pose for a picture.  These guys have been the best co-workers he could have ever asked for, he loves his job and everything he does - this only makes the move that much harder!


We felt like memorial day was the perfect day to 'lay to rest' Oma and Opa.  We took their ashes and spread them on the plots that his Dad had purchase (the month his Mom died) in the Grace cemetary.  I couldn't get over the amazing sunset that evening, it was incredible - I know they are happy together, I'm so grateful for the time we were able to spend making memories with them.




We stopped at the Grace sign for one last picture, Grace really is a Great place to live!




 

No comments: