Sunday, September 23, 2018

First day of School 2018

For the first time, in maybe ever, I really wasn't ready for summer to be over.  We had such a fun summer making memories that I just wanted it to keep going --except for the fact that I was happy to get back to some type of routine.

Crazy that I now how 3 out of the 4 kids in school --I remember the days when I couldn't imagine that this time in my life would ever come as I was buried in diapers and bottles and sleepless nights.  Now I'm sad that it's already here, time really does move too fast.





Lytzi only has half day kindergarten so Linq and I have been walking to pick her up when she gets home at Noon.

 She has to have a picture of her Backpack and shoes :)




 They don't love walking to the bus, but it's good for them :)  Plus, soon enough the weather will be so crappy that I'll have to drive them, so I told them as long as it's warm they can walk.  I love looking out and seeing the three of them headed to the bus.

When we go to get Lytzi, Linq has been riding his strider bike.  It cracks me up cause he doesn't even really put his bum on the seat so basically he's walking his bike.  I ask him repeatedly if he doesn't want to just leave his bike on the side of the road and we'll come back and get it and he never does.  He as really come to love this bike.  The first week the kids were back at school he has been outside playing a while and I went to check on him, couldn't find him anywhere.  Luckily LeGrand was home so we went hunting for him.  We found him clear down on the little hill by the surge tank, on his bike.  I asked him what he was doing (while lecturing him about how he can't leave the house and go that far away by himself) and he said, 'Mom, I just wanted to go on a trip'.  Funny kid!

Couver getting Lytzi off the bus!



No comments: