Sunday, August 26, 2012

Temple excursion!

I need to document this, mostly so I can be reminded :)  When we lived in Saratoga we were within 30 min. of like 6 temples.  Attending the temple has always been important to us and from the time we were first married we have tried to go once a month.  Before we had kids I remember going more often, after kids, sometimes we didn't manage the once a month.  But it has always been something we try to make a priority. Since we've lived in Grace, I'm almost embarrassed to say that in a year we have only been to the temple 3 times to do a session.  We have been to a bunch of weddings & sealings and other events but to actually go to do a session it's been much less than I like to admit. 
While this isn't even a good excuse I would like to document what it take for us now to get to the temple.  The drive to the Logan temple, which is our temple, takes 1hr. 15 min. - so right off we've got 2.5 hrs. just to the temple and back.  Then to do a session it takes 2-3 hrs. depending on if we time our arrival right (they only do sessions every half hour) So it's usually a good 5 hours if all we do is drive to the temple, do a session and come home BUT we usually have to grab something to eat, and while we're in Logan run some errands, it's literally an entire day excursion not to mention tacking on the expense of paying a babysitter for 6-8 hrs.
While this has been hard for me to get used to, budget for & prioritize I can't help but think of those members of the church who save money for years or travel for days, to attend the temple just once.  I hope I can always try to take advantage of the "convenience" of having a temple so close.

{On our way home from the Temple!}