Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Girls Camp


I got to attend girls camp this year, as the camp director.  Let me just say, it has been quite the event in the making --I spent so much time thinking, planning, worrying, preparing, shopping etc. for camp that I thought the actual day for camp would never come :)
We had camp with the stake, held at our own little camp Ho-Nok, it's nice to have it only about 30 mins. away.  The theme was 'WOW' Women Of Worth and our ward was assigned the 50's with the color Pink!  I got the girls canvas shoes and dyed them Pink - they turned out super cute!  We also accessorized our hair with pink scarves.  Camp went perfectly, the girls had a great time with no drama & for the first time in several years (I've been told) we had perfect weather!  I'm not a big camper myself, and froze the first night --probably mostly due to being so worried about everyone/thing else that I forgot to pack properly for myself --luckily I was rescued by my awesome hubby who sent plenty of warm items up for the rest of my stay!



The girls had a blast crafting, cooking, hiking, doing skits, certifying. listening to amazing guest speakers, sharing testimonies and staying up way too late around the camp fire!

I loved the focus on being a Woman of Worth, it's nice to be reminded that our worth isn't judged by our outward appearance!




I made each girl a cute pillow case that said 'don't forget your PJ'S - Prayer, journal, Scriptures' and we talked about how these items help shape us into women of worth --I gave each girl a miniature BOM & they made prayer rocks & journals to take home too.








The last night when all the bishoprics and young woman presidencies came up we had a dutch oven Dessert cook-off with the whole stake and our girls were so excited to be the WINNERS!! (pretty good considering I had NEVER cooked in a dutch oven before!)  We made Cheesecake and it turned out great!

It was a great time & I think after three days of lots of rest I'm finally feeling back to normal :)  It's a big relief to have it over but all the hard work was worth it!

No comments: