Tuesday, November 8, 2011

X marks the spot!

Yesterday was a l o n g day.  By the time dinner was over I had a throbbing headache and Laex wouldn't stop bugging his sister.  When he bugs her, she screams. LeGrand was doing touch up painting and I was trying to get some things together for our RS meeting this week.  The kids were finally playing nicely in the other room.  I was enjoying the quiet so much that I didn't think it necessary to check on them - even though I should have.

I yelled to Loa to come so that we could give her a bath, her and Laex came running - she was jabbering pointing to her shirt, I wasn't paying attention.  Laexin being the unbelievably honest boy that he is said, "you're going to find a bunch of "X's" everywhere - but I'm not the one who made them" (with a smirk on his face- as he's holding an Orange marker) - I made my way toward the bathroom and this is what I found.






It didn't stop in the bathroom:






And the thing Loa was jabbering about on her shirt:

Apparently the "Treasure" is buried somewhere at our house!  Unfortunately for Laexin the only reward he got was a sore bum in the time-out corner and a rag to clean up every.single. X (he was scrubbing X's out of places I didn't even know they were :/ )

On a positive note, it was a 'dry erase' marker - so most of the clean up wasn't too bad (although for a 4 year old it was) --and the 'magic eraser' rescued us on the hard-to-get places.

5 comments:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

HILARIOUS!!!

Hf said...

We just had the same thing. Except blue dry errase marker. Is it cousin telepathy?

Hope your head is feeling better.

Heather Whitworth said...

Oh that is the funniest thing! Gotta love the honesty too.. and yes I agree, Magic Erasers have changed my life!

Karen Brothersen said...

WHAT A DAY! It's moments like that, that you need a "mommy time out" too! ha ha You will be able to look back and laugh, but in the crazy of the day.... whoa nelly!

Mandi said...

I can't quit laughing, I would blame the preschool teacher. Maybe she taught them to write the letter x!