Friday, May 22, 2009

Hard Workin Man















(Preparing for a Tour of the plant)
















(Laex, not getting a tour, but had to get in on the fun)

Since it seems "WORK" has been so much of our lives lately, I'm going to brag.

It's not everyday you find a hubby like mine, no seriously.

LeGrand has quite the job. He is a Hydro-Electric Operator for Pacificorp. He loves I mean LOVES his job, in fact one day a while back he said to me, "Have I ever told you how much I love my job?" - Jokingly I replied, "Almost more than you tell me how much you love me :)"
But really, I feel so grateful that he has a wonderful job that he LOVES (Oh yeah, and ALL the other perks that come with it)!

Anyway, as a Hydro Operator he is over 5 different plants around the valley, one at the mouth of Provo Canyon, One in Midway, One in Fountain Green and Two in Big Cottonwood - if you are aware, that is quite the spread.

Well, it is currently what I would call, "Water Season", when the weather dramatically warms, the runoff is crazy therefor lots of work for LeGrand which includes adjusting water levels for the over abundance, clearing large logs and debris, cleaning clogged screens etc. And it just so happens he's been the one on-call. So our lives have consisted of, up at 6:00 am to be to work by 7:00 (this is normal), home by 4:00 pm (this is normal), getting called out nearly every night between 11:00 pm and 1:30 am (this IS NOT normal) - some nights he returns home to get a couple of hours of sleep and then back to the routine, other nights he leaves at 1:30 am and I don't see him again until 4:00 pm.

I can't complain about the extra mu-lah, but my poor hubby is exhuasted.

Thanks for working hard for us babe!

1 comment:

Heather Whitworth said...

Good job LeGrand!!! You are da man!!!