Saturday, May 16, 2009



















Dear Laex,

You've always been a bit "Too BIG" for your britches, in more ways than one, but today you proved to me just how much TOO BIG you are.
After an extra early morning and waiting too long for nap time, I finally got you in your crib. Unfortunately you weren't happy to be there - late nap=extra cranky Laex. So, while you cried, I patiently waited for you to fall asleep (I really needed to get in the shower) because, heaven forbid you do what you normally do (75% of the time) and poop the minute I put you in bed -then I have to change you before you'll go to sleep (I don't blame you, who would want to sleep in that crap - really?! :) )
Well before I knew it I heard a big thud - not the usual throw-something-out-of-the-crib-thud, no, it was a BIG thud. I run to your room to be met at the door by none other than YOU?! I wonder how in the heck you got out.
*Lets remember, your crib isn't a usual crib - Papa and Cade made it special for you and it is extra deep. When you were a baby I had two mattresses in it and it was all I could do not to drop you into bed every night. Well at about 15 months when you decided to start climbing with ease out of the pack-n-play I realized it was time to eliminate a mattress, so you've been sleeping on a single mattress.
I quickly gather all your blankies, your bear and puppy and re-situate the much tired you back into your crib. Not long and another BIG THUD. This time you cry, thank the heavens I was shown mercy and you didn't have a broken limb of any sort. I decide a bed on the floor will have to do, and threaten you if you leave your room. Good thing you were extra tired - you were out in a flash.
Now, Dad and I have been talking and leisurely looking for a "BIG Boy Bed" - well, you've forced us to step up our search.
I guess this is what we get for having an extra tall boy!

Love you buddy,
Mom

3 comments:

Hf said...

Say it ain't so!! Miss C. needs to stay in her crib for at least a few years!

brookerichins12 said...

I love his face in this picture... I hope A. stays in her crib for longer. Lately she has been curious about climbing over it too.

Danielle Hacking said...

He is getting so big~ what a funny little man!