Sunday, November 29, 2020

Vintage Market Days

 All Summer I've been prepping for Market Day weekend!  It's so much work!  Lots of time goes into getting ready for a show but I love the atmosphere and I did so well last year ($6,000 for the weekend) that it's worth it!  It was October 8-10

Well one thing I can say about 2020 is it didn't disappoint - the show was incredible!  I DOUBLED my sales from the previous year, $12,000 in sales - I was blown away!!  I don't know if people were just so happy to get out of their houses and do something fun or what but it was packed and SO successful. 

 I was really overcome with gratitude after cleaning up and heading home.  This little 'side gig/hobby' has already surpassed my wildest dreams.  It's been hard, filled with so much work, sleepless nights and stress - but all those things brought me to where I am!  I know that Heavenly Father is in the details, that he has helped my efforts be successful that he has brought it at the right time--after about a decade of trying to find 'my thing', I have found it!  It brings me so much joy and fulfillment, not to mention the extra income comes at the perfect time as we build our new home!

This year I worked with Nepal to design a Nativity set, some Tree skirts and other items.  I am especially proud of the Nativity as it has been in my head for years. I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out and how well it has been received --I had 15 sets and sold them out in the first 2 days of Market and had 8 pre-orders the 3rd day.  

Natalie was nice enough to come help me out the first two days.  Mom and Dad's house is under construction (remodel) so they came up for a couple of days too, it was fun to have them.  LeGrand brought the kids Friday and Saturday - they love the market!  Shylo and the girls came Saturday too! I'm so happy for all the support.







No comments: