Sunday, October 6, 2019

Lytzi and Laex B-days plus the Caribou County Fair

Lytzi turned 6 and a few days later Laexin turned 12.  In the midst of it all I was drowning in Caribou County Fair prep and Fair week.  Thank heavens they are understanding...although Laexin is becoming less patient with my shenanigans.   I was so bad this year that I didn't even get a photo of Laex and his birthday celebrations all involved the fair.







Fair week was much anticipated this year because of my job on the fair board.  I dumped so much time, effort and tears into the job, I gave it everything I had.  I chose to push some limits and change things up which came with more than its share of backlash, it was rough.  I learned quickly that I'm not as thick skinned as I'd like to think I am.  AND, I will try REAL hard to never complain about people in volunteer positions, they are really doing their best.  I was happy with how set up turned out and so grateful for the many people who did support me.  I tried to enjoy the week in spite of the negativity but was oh soooo glad when it was over.  This year for the first time Mom and Dad came up for the fair so they got to enjoy it in all it's glory!






Kids day, put on by the farm bureau, is always a hit - corn sand box, catching live fish and free ice cream!




LeGrand and Laexin joined in on the smoothie competition where they won the 'healthiest' smoothie, spinach, banana, and overloaded with peanut butter 😂






 When Grammie and Papa show up with all the birthday gifts at once...it's one big party!

 We didn't let a crazy, random, rainstorm ruin the fun of the kids parade.  Yay, for resilient kids and supportive parents!


 On a whim we decided to enter a couple of chickens...and won BEST HEN😁.  And by the time the fair had wrapped up we had sold both the chickens for a total of $45! ha ha--it took some convincing to get the kids to part with Ozzy and Stallion


Of course...whats a fair without balloon animals and face paint?!







He was 'over it' by the end of the week, ha ha!

We hosted a 'Kids Market' for the first year and were so pleased with the success.  The kids had a great time and we had a good turn out.




I was more than happy to step away from that building and not think about Fair stuff.  It was one of the hardest things I've been involved with and such a relief to have over!

No comments: