Saturday, January 10, 2015

December 5, 2014

December 5th brought life changing BIG news for our family.  New's that I once wished would come years ago, news that we feel like we've been waiting FOREVER for, but news that came too soon.
LeGrand got a new job offer - we will be moving to Washington, and we had exactly 1 month before his new job started on January 5th.

My initial emotions were so mixed.  Of course I was excited for new opportunities and experiences BUT my heart was FINALLY hooked on Grace.  A little town I was sure I could never love, a place that truly became home with people who were all family, I bawled for days - now that the time was here I wasn't ready to leave all that I had grown to love (even if that love took 2.5 years to develop).

And then so many things happened in the days ahead that I didn't have much time to grieve, better yet, even think.  The girls and I took a last minuet trip to Washington to see our future town and look for a home (the company is providing us a home but we really feel like we'd like to buy one if we can find the right thing).  LeGrand had to work so I asked my parents to accompany us - it was 4 crazy days of lots of exploring but everyone was a good sport. 

Because of flight delays I didn't arrive back in grace unto December 18th at 2:30am, just in time to repack and load everyone back in the car to head back to SL and catch a 10am flight to San Antonio to spend a week with the family for Christmas.  As nuts as it was, I was grateful to have already had this trip planned as it gave me lots of time to relax and 'check out' of all that crazyness. 

After arriving back home the early hours of December 26th we had 3 days before the packers arrived - they packed up the house in one day and loaded it the next day.  LeGrand had to finish work and so we had to stay a couple more days and were so grateful when the kind Norm and Nina Johnson invited us to stay in their basement for a couple of nights as all of our belongings were gone. 

On the morning of January 1st, 2015 we started the new year out right as we got on the road to our new life in Washington - my heart was heavy as we left Grace.  A part of us will always live in that beautiful valley full of the greatest people - I won't miss the below 20 temps- but I'll miss just about everything else.  I can't believe that the place I never wanted to be in became the hardest place to leave.

No comments: