Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 -2010

Unlike most of the things I've read, 2009 was a GREAT year for our family.
No everything wasn't perfect, but I believe life is too short to dwell on the negative and we couldn't be more blessed to have a healthy, happy family, a good, secure job, a nice warm home with vehicles that run well in a land that is FREE and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe that too often people focus their efforts on the bad that comes their way and forget about the blessings of each day and the blessings that come from trials and hardships.

I'm looking forward to the excitement of a New Year and the things that will come our way!


LeGrand and I decided to start off the New Year with something that is NEW to us! I've been dying to try putting together some freezer meals to eat throughout the month, hopefully to save some money, time and energy. So with lots of motivation we jumped in with both feet and spent two days planning, shopping and cooking and we officially have a freezer packed with approx. 25 meals, all of which can also be eaten as left-overs for at least one day! We'll see how it goes but I'm super excited knowing all I have to do is go to the freezer the night before and pull out something to thaw overnight then stick it in the oven when I'm ready to cook it --this might become a monthly occurrence :)



















Throughout this year my main goal is to get myself and my family PREPARED, spiritually and physically. Up until now I've tried to do small things to be "ready" but I know that there is much more that needs done and that there will be a time when we won't be able to depend on others, it's our responsibility. I'm looking forward to getting my house in order!

3 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

Wow I'm super impressed! I've wanted to do freezer meals myself it sounds like such a great idea. You should post more details about it for those of us that are clueless. =) Glad you had a great 2009 and hope 2010 is just as good if not better. We'll have to start talking more about our drill reunion now that 2010 is here.=)

Heather Whitworth said...

Nice job guys! Lib, you gotta get the freezer cookbook "Dinner is Ready." It is so awesome and is what I have been using for my freezer meals. Every meal I have tried is really good and super easy to make and reheat. You can order it off of Amazon for around $7 or I think they sell them at Seagull Book too.

Danielle Hacking said...

That is a great idea Lib! Let me know how it goes, I did this a little before Ethan was born, and it was VERY helpful!
Loved the Christmas post too, kids make it don't they?
So, I guess the 15th for lunch? Molly and I are in, and we'll see with Nikki. Let me know if you have a place in mind to meet up, hope you are well!