Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Day

{Taken July 28, 2001}

9*11*2001

I remember vividly, I will never forget.



It was this day 7 short years ago:

I was a resident of Franklin Lakes, NJ.
I received a phone call from a dear friend at home, concerned about my well-being --I was clueless.
I was quickly awakened to the situation.
I witnessed via television the second attack.
I received a calls from many caring people, including my mother who wanted me home.
I drove to pick up the kids from school, what was once the beauty of a NYC skyline was now smoke, nothing but smoke (and would remain this way for weeks).
I lay in bed that night, with all air traffic ceased I heard only the sounds of helicopters circling.
I visited days later and felt the peace, eery silence, heartache, anger, frustration, and sadness.


On this day I hold my family closer, remember to Love easier, Serve more and Live happier.

2 comments:

Danielle Hacking said...

Wow, that is an amazing experience, one I'm sure you'll never forget. When I got to visit Ground Zero, there is just a very reverent feeling there. We are so blessed to live in America!

Kandice said...

wow, you made me get a little teary reading that. I had forgotten you were there. Thanks for sharing!