Monday, April 21, 2008

We're BACK!

WOW! Vacation was WONDERFUL! Here's the scoop and some highlights of the things we did - sorry, no pictures yet....long story -- they're coming.

LeGrand and I just got back from our first vacation away since we had Laex who is almost 9 months old. Just he and I went on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Rivera while Grammie and Papa Hoopes watched Laex. We had a FANTASTIC time! This is our second cruise together and we really enjoyed ourselves though I have to say if you ever decide to go and have a choice between Western Caribbean and Mexican Rivera - take the Caribbean! Don't get me wrong, we loved it but not as much as our first cruise! And, Laex had a GREAT time with Grammie and Papa - good thing he isn't old enough to tell me all the things they did :) :)

Here are some highlights!

We did a zip-line canopy tour through the jungle and over a river in Puerto Vallarta
We Parasailed in Mazatlan
We did a boat tour visiting lovers beach and El Archo in Cabo San Lucas
We snorkeled in Cabo San Lucas
We ate WAY TOO MUCH on the cruise ship (24 hr food...Crab, Lobster, Steak, Prime Rib, Escargot, Frog Legs etc)
We saw Broadway caliber shows on the cruise ship
We met some really fun people
We had a good time getting deals in Mexico, although we only came home with a few things for Laex!
We laughed until we almost peed our pants - wonderful comedians!
We enjoyed 80+ degree weather
We saw dolphins off the deck of the ship
We relaxed and relaxed some more

**Can I just add, after visiting Mexico I am 500 million times more grateful for the things I have...what a poor place.

Now...back to where we left off, packing, packing, packing. I've got a washer, dryer and fridge to buy and so many other things to get in order before we close next Wednesday!

2 comments:

Danielle Hacking said...

Lib,
So glad you guys had a great time and made it home safe!
So awesome to have such fun experiences!
Congrats on graduating, and buying a new home, it looks so nice!
When we get back, we'll have to get together!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun. Tim and I have been wanting so badly to take a trip just the two of us. So good for you guy's. I think we'll wait until our 10th anniversary. We are almost at number 8. Looks like I can ask you for some ideas. Britt