Saturday, May 4, 2024

Thanksgiving in NYC!

 I guess it was the year of *bucket list items*!  I have always dreamed of bringing the kids t0 NYC for Thanksgiving, to go to the parade and experience the city all dressed up for Christmas.  Since we are living closer than we ever had I just knew we had to make it happen this year!  It was just as magical as I could've hoped for, the weather even cooperated!  It was a fun 11hr drive through North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.

We got to climb to the crown of the Statue of Liberty, See broadway shows (Laexin checked off his bucket list item of seeing Hamilton!  The rest of us went to Aladdin!), Walk central park, See the windows and shipping on 5th Ave, Feel the excitement of Times Square and the fun of the Thanksgiving Day Parade and eat at some of our NYC favorites including Thanksgiving Dinner at Katz deli!  We just had the absolute BEST time!  
































































We finished off the trip with one night visiting Gale in New Jersey. It was so good to see her and get to spend some time catching up.  Lauren visited and I was so happy to get to see her also.  This was the first time Gale has ever met my kids so it was extra special for me.


No comments: